Friday, March 14, 2014

Fresh on Friday ~



heart images photo: Coffe heart images.jpg

Happy Friday!

Today I want to encourage you all to be full of Gratitude.

Today I'm so grateful in what I've been given,
in what I have.
Grateful for prayerful friends,
and even the smallest improvements of son's condition.
Grateful for a good nights sleep which provides strength for another day.
Grateful to hear joy in the weary father's voice..
Grateful that I serve an awesome God.

~


"In those times we yearn to have more in our lives,
we should dwell on the things we already have.
In doing so, we will often find that our lives
are already full to overflowing."

- Jim Stovall 


Take a moment to make a list today of just some of what your
Grateful for!
Each time there's a setback, rather than dwell on that,
focus on that grateful list...
I have a running list that started after I read Anne Voskamps 
One Thousand Gifts.....
I'm in the 400's  on my own list.
 I purchased a small purse size tablet and 
each time I become aware of the gifts, people, things around me I jot it down.

You realize,
there is so much more to be grateful about then not....


Grateful Joseph's fever is down,
grateful for continued prayers.

Now go and encourage someone, it's what echos from my heart today.....

4 comments:

  1. Love this post....I OFTEN tell one of my grandkids or another, a HAPPY heart is a GRATEFUL heart and it's just soo true. Hard to be sad while being grateful! Enjoy your week-end....still praying! Glad the fever is down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so glad to hear Joseph's fever is down. God bless him!
    Yes, it's truly a blessing to have a grateful heart. I sure do too.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I know these days are long and worrisome for you and it does help to think of all the gifts HE has bestowed on us, even in the worst of times. What an inspiring post and I'm wishing for you a weekend of peace and comfort. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so need to hear those words! I need to be more grateful and to cherish each moment. So thanks!

    Thankful with you for each improvement in Joseph! I know those around his hospital bed are so exhausted because it is exhausting in so many ways to just sit and wait and pray and wish you could make it better! I continue to join you in prayer!

    ReplyDelete