Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Windshield or Rear View Mirror?

 Nope, life has not always been a bowl of cherries......

~
Now, I do love reflecting on different events and times of my life.
I rarely think of unhappy, sad or stressful times (not for a lack of them).
I choose to reflect on positive,
good, happy memories and times.

Beyond grabbing a memory that makes me smile or laugh 
or
a fond, remembrance of a moment in time,
  I find I'm more often looking at today and toward the future.

Yep,
I have turned into a windshield person.

I used to be the rear view mirror gal,
always looking at where I've been.
In doing soalong with the good things Isaw the mistakes,
 hurt, stress, and pain, and who did what or said what to me.
Then I would re-live it all over again.
Geeze no wonder I spent so many years not so joyful!

I was focused on what had been, 
rather than what will or could be.

I feel bad for folks who have yet to figure this out. 
You know the ones......
They continue to repeat the same old stories of who hurt them and why.
Reliving all the why's and what if's of days long gone.
Then they wonder why they're never getting anywhere
in regard to hope for the future.

Bottom line;
You're not going to find hope in the rear view mirror,
there is no hope found in looking back?
Nope, 
it's all right out  in front of you, 
out that big windshield,
moving forward.
Not looking back. 

For a constant, forever hope,
you would want to look up of course...


Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 
This is what echos from my heart today......


7 comments:

  1. Amen! I spent too many years looking in the rear view mirror myself, Debi.

    It's a joyful life when we look forward, and yes ma'am, look UP!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for a post I needed to hear...so glad that I stopped by

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said, Debi! I never thought of life's views in that way, but it sure makes a lot of sense now that you brought it to my attention. I plan to start looking out the front windshield a lot more! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Debi!

    I want to first of all thank you for dropping by my little online "cottage" and taking time to let me know you did! I am so honored.

    Secondly, I want to compliment you on what a wonderful, refreshing and lovely space you have here! I love the way you write and the content therein.

    Thank you!
    Jeane`

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, Debi. It's full of hope and encouragement.
    I, too, believe in looking forward. I want to learn from
    the past, but not dwell on what can't be undone or changed.
    I love today's perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I really needed to hear that today! I am prone to dwell on things, so I'm turning my face around right now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that verse! We need that rearview mirror...but seeing clearly out the windshield is much more important. Thanks for your thoughts today.

    ReplyDelete