Thursday, February 2, 2012

Letting Go ~



Angry still?
Holding on to "it"?
If so, have you noticed
that on some level it's a lonely, self destructive road?

There are occasions where we might be holding onto anger or bitterness toward someone
and
may not even be aware of it.

Most times however, we are aware of it,

in fact we make a point to hold on to it.

It comes out of us in many different ways.
We over eat because of it,
we are moody because of it,
we try hard to convince others we're happy ....
not!
When holding on to resentment, bitterness or anger
we
 hurt those who had nothing to do with it.

Either way....
If we are living a righteous life there is no place for holding on to either.
Both are means of hardening our hearts and both become a stronghold for Satan.

The worlds methods are to let our anger out in a flash,
or hold it in, which turns it in
to resentment.

God's Words are very clear on this.

Ephesians 4: 30-32
30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. 

Do you recognize anger or resentment that may still be inside of you?
If you know why you are mad or bitter, it's time to forgive no matter what or why.
 I speak from experience, it really is so freeing to let go and be free from it!!

I've mention this in prior blogs,  
but I think it's worth repeating.....


Forgiving isn't excusing another's behavior,
its
freeing yourself from it! 

~

I was recently made aware that the Bible holds over 300 warnings about anger and being vigilant against it?

Hmmmmmmm.........
seems He was pretty serious about it.

This is what echos from my heart today..........

5 comments:

  1. I learned this lesson the hard way the last few years. "I'm right and they're wrong. I need to hold them accountable; they need to pay for the pain they've caused, etc." Did I ever dig myself a deep hole!...then I found myself asking, "how did I get to this place?" I don't ever want to do that again. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well written, Debi and I also thank you for the reminder

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debi,
    I'm doing two bible studies right now and it all leads back to loving one another. What are all the underlying messages of love. Letting go of those things that don't make us Christ like.
    Thank you for reminding us what we need to be more like.

    Viola

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a timely reminder...about a lesson I need to learn over and over again. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart felt prayer is that I don't grow into being a bitter old woman. Your gentle reminder served as a needed reminder to me. I like the way you share what is on your heart, and then share verses that are pertinent to it. Thanks so much for the "echos from your heart".

    ReplyDelete