Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Speaking of Love ~

Valentines Day.....
it's a day of expressing our love.

As a kid, I recall staying up late the night before picking just the perfect
Valentine for each person in my class. We were always provided a list from our teacher
of each person in our classroom, the idea that not one would be left out.
Imagine how badly a child
would feel if the other kids received piles of valentine cards and they only one, if any?
Imagine the spouse that only let's the other know on this holiday how much they are loved....

Just one reporters opinion here;

There is a reason we are to love one another
My love for others and the desire to let them know
is not determined by a box on a calendar...
Sadly for some it is.
The people I love will be reminded often
not just on a specific day
 out of the year.
Is there any reason say,
on (random) an
Aug. 3rd day,
someone couldn't realize how much they are loved
via an unexpected card?
I'm of the opinion, the unexpected
card means much more than,
the day 
dedicated to sending a card expressing love on.
A step further,
the homemade card from a child
means more than the one someone else bought for them to give me :-)
To know those little hands created the masterpiece,
chose the words inside, 
just for me (warm and fuzzy at the thought).....
eventually
 to be filed away with all things a Mom treasures, forever.
Into the priceless file ......
The file I can pull out and and meander through,
as I remember, all over again how good it felt to receive it,
and I can do so
over and over again.....

 ~
What love is and isn't.


1 Corinthians 13:1-13
  If I speak in the tongues of men and angels,
but have not love,
I have become sounding brass or a tinkling symbol. 

And if I have prophecy and know all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have all faith so as to remove mountains,
but have not love, I am nothing. 

And if I dole out all my goods, and
if I deliver my body that I may boast
but have not love, nothing I am profited.

Love is long suffering, 
love is kind,
it is not jealous,
love does not boast,
it is not inflated.

It is not discourteous,
it is not selfish,
it is not irritable,
it does not enumerate the evil.
It does not rejoice over the wrong, but rejoices in the truth 
 

It covers all things,
it has faith for all things,

it hopes in all things,
it endures in all things.

Love never falls in ruins;
but whether prophecies, they will be abolished; or
tongues, they will cease; or
knowledge, it will be superseded.

For we know in part and we prophecy in part.
But when the perfect comes, the imperfect will be superseded.  
When I was an infant,
I spoke as an infant,
I reckoned as an infant;

when I became [an adult],
I abolished the things of the infant. 

For now we see through a mirror in an enigma, but then face to face. 
Now I know in part, but then I shall know as also I was fully known. 
But now remains
 faith, hope, love,
these three;
but the greatest of these is love.

I'm really not the Valentine Grinch :-)
I sent all my Grand kids and my great Niece a Valentine card,
however,
On random days, I send cards and make phone calls that let them know I love them too.
I did buy my husband a Valentine card,
but I also bought him a card last week that told him
He was, 
my happily ever after.





So what I'm saying is
make sure they know you love them, often!
When they receive your Valentine wish for them,
may it  be you expressing your love for them,
as you always do,
like,
  that one time on a random August day!



Because,
tomorrow is never promised
let them know always and often....
This is what echos from my heart this, just another day , of saying I love you.....

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Debi. You always make me smile and think. Have a wonderful day!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I agree wholeheartedly! My husband did surprise me by coming home at lunch with some tulips! He must have gotten word that I was blogging today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is chock-full of great reminders! My favorite sentiment? "My love for others and the desire to let them know
    is not determined by a box on a calendar..."
    As it should be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said! Valentine's Day is a day to honor the love you sustain throughout the year, and that love should be celebrated OFTEN!

    This was a beautiful reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the best posts that I have ever read! I offer my hearty amen to it! Thank you for sharing the most promising and beautiful definition of love that has been written...I Corinthians 13. Please keep the "echos from your heart" coming. I am always blessed in my visits here. Happy February 19th!:)

    ReplyDelete