Monday, February 27, 2012

How Much Truth ?

Writing, and being sensitive to others...


Just how much truth do you want?
I was reading a friends blog and she mentioned that she was curious if 
her blogging style/content has changed since her family started following.
She is a such a great blogger to follow, she often makes me laugh out loud!

I had to ask myself, 
'Do you hold back saying or sharing certain things
because of who may read it?'
I'm not going to deny,
it crosses my mind.
When it does its a reminder to 
give what I write careful thought.

Echo of My Heart
a blog that came to be 
because my heart was hurting so deeply
after the loss of my sweet Dad. 
I wanted to release,
what was on my heart.
To be raw, it was an attempt to 
put into words the magnitude of my loss.
To express the degree of pain that took residence in this heart of mine.
Of course, no amount of writing could really express the depth of that loss.
Still I wanted to vent, release some of it.
Writing helped me so much in doing that.

I think we need to accept a certain amount of responsibility
in terms of privacy, and content
written in our blogs.

First and foremost 
I want readers to know, 
I am a flawed person
who loves a BIG God!

It is never my intent to judge another in what I write.
I am writing what has and hasn't worked for me.
I am write about that which I'm curious
and
that I'm yet to understand.


I don't ever want a reader to leave my blog 
without sensing,or not knowing,
that I am a Christian.

I try very hard to not,
 live a life that could be seen as hypocritical.
I have a responsibility to my faith to 
walk the talk of that faith.
I can't see sharing my faith
in one post, 
to then writing
anything that may appear the opposite in the next.

I'm careful not to share anything personal that should
be only between my husband and myself.
I am careful to not share anything about my children that could
possibly upset them or be seen as an invasion of their privacy.

It is not a place for me to vent anger or disappointment,
in regard to naming an individual or group.
That would be between me and that person(s),

I may however,
 write  of 'what I've learned' through the experience
of feeling angry, disappointed or hurt..

I
will share my feelings about life and its situations,
what my experience was from each.

Again, I am a flawed person,
so I'm not about to judge.

Speaking from my heart,
 is what this blog is about.
~
With that said, it pains my heart to read a post either
 on a blog or on Facebook of
a person who has shared about their faith
only to
  turn around and write a post that
does not reflect that they live their belief.

  

Nothing hurts the Christian faith more 
than one claiming to be a Christian,
when
 the life led,
and
 the words shared
do not reflect the same.


Mark 7:6
He replied, "Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: " 'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.

 
It is not required that you the reader agree or not.

My intent is not to offended anyone.
 Just sharing my thoughts
on thinking about what is to be written before we write it.
That we are careful not to hurt or offend someone.
I believe we are to build each other up !

I Thessalonians 4:18
Therefore encourage one another with these words.

This is what echos from my heart today.......

7 comments:

  1. Your post reminds me of the message I heard yesterday morning. Can we, like Paul, invite others to copy how we live? What kind of an example are we? Our life should point others to Jesus. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would hope that my blog reflects who I am; not pretentious and as you say, not judgemental in any way. I just live day by day with my faith to uphold me because without it I'd be lost.

    Have a happy day, Debi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debi,

    I was just thinking today and often at times how do I want to present my blog to others as it is faith in GOD and my life for Christ that I want it to be so evident. As I'm thinking how to start moving the blog to be more faith based.

    Thank you for the blog post and making us all think.

    God bless, Viola

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not share my heart and life on my blog. I wish I could but it involves too many other people. However, I LOVE it when others do. I admire their confidence!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't want to be seen as a hypocrite either, but I don't mind being seen as a sinner given grace..... I love your sweet heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog posts continually bless, inspire, and bring smiles to my days. You are a gifted writer who can share Truth without hypocrisy or condesension. I thank God for you after each visit.

    I find myself analyzing my blog and always asking God what to share. I am a private type person which allows me to share so little. But, I love reading all that you share. It reaffirms my belief in God's Amazing Grace!

    ReplyDelete