Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fall ~


I confess, I was really looking forward to Fall's arrival this year.  So much so I had my Fall decorations out the week following Labor Day. To me it means the smell of the cinammon broom, long sleeved shirts, jackets, rain and the variety of leaf colors on the trees throughout town and yes...cold enough in the evening for the fireplace.
 

Soon the little tricker treaters will be knocking on my door excited to see what is dropped into their pumpkin pails.  Every year we look forward to the young couple across the street bringing over little Lacey and Keira to show us their costumes...oh, and Mommy and Daddy are dressed up too!


Fall means October Fest with my Dinner Group, people who have become family over the last almost seventeen years. Going on about six  years of the formation of our Dinner Group, all of us enjoying a meal together...
Such an increadible group of friends  :-)



October wouldn't be complete without our trip to Bate's Nut Farm in nearby Valley Center.  A little valley with acres of land covered in Pumpkins ....awesome to know they have grown right there and that we will be pushing our wheel barrel in search of the perfect one!



Funny,  if you thought a photo of Khloe wouldn't be in this post :-)

This will be Khloe's first trip to the pumpkin patch and though she may not be excited I know I am.  The photo's taken on this farm are the best with all the colors present. I may take a few :-)

  Khloe's Uncle Brian has bought her a cute litte outfit, hat and all for Fall.  Her Mom and I can't wait to finally see her in it on that day....trust me, you will all see it as well :-)

Yes, time to cozy up with a blanket and a book, watch football, while sipping on a nice cup of hot tea with. ....without the cookies.
(I'm still getting over it)

Fall when the old leaves die off and the trees are given the oppourtunity to start again with new growth.
Much as my life, letting the old ways die off and trying to grow into a better me daily....


Happy Fall my Friends!
This is what echos from my heart today.....

2 comments:

  1. Fall is looking great in your home!! And Khloe is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute decorations and cute Khloe!! We are planning to take our little grandson to the pumpkin patch at Tanaka Farms this weekend if it's not raining. I love this time of year! Enjoy your tea!!

    ReplyDelete