Thursday, April 16, 2015

Thankful Thursday ~ The Eyes Have it!



    Linking up with Rebecca Jo at http://www.knitbygodshand.com



THE EYES HAVE IT!

Been sick with a sinus infection/sore throat/earache/cold/cough since returning from San Luis Obispo :-(
It seems since November I'm sick at least two- three weeks and good for two....with my bad lungs everything is super sized. The lack of energy and hacking cough take it's toll to say the least. Keeping a thankful spirit, well, I have moments of not feeling so thankful but that's when I'm looking inward.  The focus on me rather than outward...with eyes, given as a gift to see all there is to be thankful for.

For me a spirit of gloom always appears when looking inward, "self" as my focus. It's when eyes open outward  that I am bombarded with that which fills me with a spirit of thankfulness. It really can't be helped, I become filled with thankfulness to overflowing. It's when the heart feels its best!

Sometimes it's a matter of really opening our eyes to who and what surrounds us.....changing the focus to that. It's in the midst of whats stealing our joy, that we can experience our fullest hearts.
~
"The world has enough beautiful mountains and meadows, spectacular skies and serene lakes. It has enough lush forests, flowered fields, and sandy beaches. It has plenty of stars and the promise of a new sunrise and sunset every day. What the world needs more of is people to appreciate and enjoy it." Michael Josephson

Thankful for thankful Thursday...It's been a useful teaching tool to realize if we stop and think about "what am I thankful for?" that we see just how much there is.

Proverbs 20:12 Ears that hear and eyes that see - the LORD has made them both.

The lesson for me, thankfulness is found in eyes that see.
Its what echos from my heart today.


4 comments:

  1. I love your sweet spirit... even when you're feeling bad, you are all sorts of precious :)
    I had that same junk last month & it swiped me OUT. Hope you are back to 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not feeling well makes it awfully easy to think only about ourselves. You are so sweet to make the effort to be positive and think of others always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you're sick, Debi. Much too sweet a person to be feeling bad.

    Yes, you are so right; I know for myself that many times I try to "see" rather than be trapped with worry or anticipation. Please take care, and know that you are loved by this old lady. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you have been under the weather! You have the best attitude...a grateful heart whatever the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete