Monday, December 6, 2010

December 6th ~

Today is the day of my Father's birth. 

Poppa with all of his Grandchildren

  The only thing my father ever asked of me was to quit smoking.  I figured if I quit on his birthday it would be my gift to him.....and we can't take back a gift we have given. Smart huh? Today is three years and yes I will be counting :-)

I miss him as much today as any day. I am forever grateful God chose him to parent me.Teaching morals, values, and the importance of honesty and work ethic that are forever with me. He loved me unconditionally. I try and live everyday exhibiting behavior and demonstrating love that would make him proud and give him reason to smile.

Looking forward to the day I can run to him and once again  receive some Poppa hugs, there is nothing  like one of his hugs.........this is what echos from my heart today.....and everyday.

Happy Birthday Poppa!

3 comments:

  1. Ok...Tears in the morning while I read your post. My dad wanted two of my sisters to quit smoking and they didn't and haven't yet.
    Yes one day we will all be able to run up and give love and hugs!

    Viola over at www.alongawidowedroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brought tears to my eyes and an ache in my heart. Yes, we will run and hug them someday. Thank God we had men like our dads in our lives. I love this post about your wonderful dad. Just the other week, I was told again about how much I am like my dad. I am sure you hear that too. Don't you like that?

    ReplyDelete