Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas with Ruby is Where it all Started.......

Ruby Lu
My Holiday started this year with a trip to my sister Deanna's home about an hour and a half away on Dec. 23rd.  I was transporting my Mom who would be spending Christmas with Deanna.....well, really with Ruby Lu, the blessed Great Granddaughter. Sadly, Ruby is the real reason my Mom and I visit Deanna and Ruby's' Mom (my niece) Amanda Ann.  Seeing Deanna and Amanda is a bonus!

So, upon Ruby's arrival to my sister's home, her Mom, my Mom and myself had a little tea party with some specialty cookies I had ordered from a little place along highway one (remember that?) while on vacation. Just a special time for me as I could just look at sweet little Ruby 24~7... We had a quick little dinner Deanna prepared and then.....I wanted Ruby to open the gifts I brought for her. My family has always opened gifts on Christmas Eve, what's one day I ask?  ( I was spending the night but leaving in the morning)

Santa was bringing Ruby a pink kitchen set so I decided it would be fun to buy her play food and staples for her kitchen. I was so excited watching her open them that I failed to catch it on camera, but trust me, she LOVED it.  At one point she sat legs spread pulling all the food toward her and while looking down at the food said, " I can't believe it".  I said, "Ruby do you like it", to which she look up at me and said "yesssss" and it was very convincing! My heart overflows with Ruby.

My Sister Deanna and Ruby
The next morning my sister twisted my arm asked me to stay and watch Ruby open all her other gifts :-)  A quick phone call home and it was on. It was so much fun watching her so full of excitement, the best part of most Christmas', watching the little ones. She really loved this little plastic harmonica my Mom gave her and proceeded to play as if she'd been playing for years....well, she did!





Glad I stayed yet so sad to leave.  I am still not used to all of my family not being together at Christmas, so much has changed since my Dad died...so much.  I headed home listening to Christmas carols and thinking about the dinner and the evening planned with my husband, son's and daughter in law that evening.

 Wanted to share some of my favorite things I have out for the Christmas Season.......
Son Mike made this manger scene in 2nd grade
My Sweet Uncle Ray made these
Rocking horse collection and friends!



Shelf of old Christmas photos
A place to hang Santa's hat






Snow globes



Jingle Bears I've had since my sons were little.






Reindeer my Dad made :-)



Wreath with Santa




Son Mike proudly displays his Ralphie shirt
 CHRISTMAS EVE

 Every year family tradition we watch A Christmas Story, we love Ralphie.







Brian, Mike and Katie





The Kids opening a very special gift from their Auntie Deanna.......





                                  




                                  CHRISTMAS DAY


Wall hanging son Brian bought me :-)


Christmas morning, Bob makes me breakfast :-)
Breakfast

Tradition was always my Dad for years,  and eventually my Dad and son's made Poppa's french toast for the entire family, as we used to all spend the night at my parents house....yet another change.


Bob Horton watching Horton Hears a Who...

That afternoon we headed to Mike and Kaite's home for some great company and always a great meal.  Katie's parents and siblings, my other son Brian, and Brian and Mike's Dad and step mom Cindie all opened gifts together. Mike and Katie bought us tickets to see Bonnie Raitt in January...the funniest part was this??  I am having back surgery in February and I was shocked when scheduling the surgery when I was told January was booked up??  Turns out they had bought the tickets already so they called the Doctor's office to have them tell me they were booked in January, hence the February date :-)  All enjoyed a nearly perfect day.....but,

                                        IT WAS ABOUT TO GET PERFECT

My daughter in law held up this photo and asked us all who we thought this photo looked like....her or Mike  ?


Baby Due August 1st, 2011  !!!!!!!

 Yes, at last my son has produced a child....angels were singing, I'm sure I heard them.  Tears of joy from the women in the room to say the least.  I was over the moon with happiness....had to start making phone calls immediately, now that was fun!  

So, 2011 is looking to be a very good year.......be prepared to look at a ton of baby photos.  Mike knows how much I love my great niece Ruby and how long I have waited for this news....his words to me after hearing the news...."bye bye Ruby".... 
:-)  Ruby will always be tops with me...well, maybe a hair less than this long awaited baby!   Ruby if your reading this (smile),  Ebby debi will always be crazy about you!

I can't wait for the other grand-kids to meet the newest addition, looks like we will need a new family photo sooner than I thought.

I may or may not have bought some things for the baby today........
This is what Echos from my full heart today......





3 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post, Debi. I look forward to reading more about you and your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb,
    Thank you for coming by my blog and commenting on my new 'do'. Your blog brought me to tears this morning....Happy Tears reading about the new Grandbaby. Congrats!
    Yes, life brings changes, new adjustments. God bless you guys in the new year.

    Viola

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was feeling a little selfish today (why does this guy expect me to fix and serve him his lunch in front of the TV?...can't he see I'm busy!; thanks for the reminder to consider others better than myself.Thanks for sharing your family and some of your favorite things. I do miss my young grandchildren who live far away. I really would like to borrow some kids this time of year. Our older grandchildren live closer (those grandbabies do grow up) and their lives are full of friends, school, work, etc; we cherish the time they are able to spend with us.

    ReplyDelete