Wednesday, June 4, 2014
Hodgepodge Wednesday ~
1. I've read several posts and status updates recently describing end of year school field trips. Do you remember taking school field trips as a kid? Where did you go and do you recall a favorite? For any parents responding today, have you ever chaperoned a school field trip, and if so where?
My favorite field trip was in 2nd grade and we toured a dairy and learned how we got milk start to finish! I have always loved cows (okay its out) so it was exciting for me!
2. What's something you're tired of seeing online?
That would be all the miracle weight loss products. It all really comes down to this, nothing will correct the problem like magic. There are somethings that may help in getting the weight loss started, but truth be told I believe it's about creating new eating habits. Then there is the annoying fact, if you don't get some daily exercise you won't see results. Sadly I've bought many products over the years, I just kept hoping it can be as simple as a drink or a Green Tea pill :-) If you do find that drink or pill that may help you get the weight off, the bottom line is at some point we need to understand portion control, what you eat and the dreaded
( how I hate it) exercise will have to become a factor or we find ourselves back a square one.....again.
3. June is the month for roses. Which of the following expressions would you say has most recently applied to your life-'everything's coming up roses', 'there's no rose without a thorn', 'came out smelling like a rose', or 'wearing rose-colored glasses'?
'there's no rose without a thorn', I love roses, something my Dad taught me to love...I still have two rose bushes he bought me and planted when I first bought my house. To see or smell a rose, I always think of him. Now, back to the question, I think 'there's no rose without a thorn', it not just recently applied to my life but true to life. It's never all good, there is always a thorn that may appear. For me I keep my eye on the rose despite the thorns....
4. When grilling outdoors do you prefer gas or charcoal? Who does the grilling at your house? What's the last thing you ate that was cooked on a grill? Buster, aka Bob, aka hubstir, does all the grilling. He has been referred to as Barbeque Bob many times...he sometimes ends up at the grill by invite at the homes of our friends. He prefers charcoal no question...he often uses hickory chips, grills fish on a board (?) ....he knows what he's doing! The last thing he made on the grill was burgers :-) Me, if I were alone I would need a gas grill so I had some control over that heat. I'm amazed he knows when to put something on, with the assurance he will have enough heat to finish the job...His best dish, ribs to die for!
5. Are you afraid of the dark?
Oh yes, didn't have to think about it. Was as a child, still today.....I hear a sound in the night and it's never a tree limb against the house, it's a person!
6. Share a favorite song with a number in it's title.
Three Times a Lady, by Lionel Richie/Commadors , but I really enjoy hearing this song sung by anyone...
7. "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."(C.G. Jung). Do you agree? Why or why not?
I suppose in some cases that would be true...but there are things about others that irritate, that I don't do.
I'm always trying to better understand myself, in the areas of myself that I don't like. I have plenty of me to fix..... This question could lead to very long conversations, the kind that would reveal reasons as to why we are the way we are :-)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Looking forward to getting away next week on a writing getaway...have always wanted to go somewhere and just write!!! Very excited ~Requesting prayers for a childhood friend Debi as she is in her last days of her battle with cancer. Prayers for all who love her to have peace with their loss, as I know she will run into the arms of Jesus!