Monday, January 7, 2013

What are You Reading?


A Great Read

The Girls

This was a book club book, for the most part everyone really liked it.
It's about the relationship of sisters that are physically attached.  
What their thoughts are about it,
 how they overcame obstacles,
 how they lived their lives, 
and how they loved. 

Our current book is, The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom
 (author of the wonderful, Tuesday's with Morrie)
As always, lessons will be learned when you are finished with it.
Time, we so take it for granted don't we? Check it out!

I've just started a new book, 
Thirty Rooms To Hide In

True story about the family of, Dr. C. R. Sullivan, Orthopedist at the Mayo Clinic.
I choose this book for two reasons.
The first, some may find odd :-)
 I read that Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers was 
reading it . I'm curious as to who reads what kind of books!
The second was the title....my curiosity was so strong :-)
It's written by the Son of the late Dr. Sullivan......
So far a good read...will let you know!

I love reading and would love to know what your favorite books are ?

Love of reading is what echos from my heart today.....

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a good book. We are supposed to be starting up a neighborhood book club. I'm looking forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on finishing an older book by Jane Feather "Least Likely Bride". I'd give it about a seven. On my bookshelf to read next: Fern Michael's "Return to Sender", Diana Palmer "The Rancher & "Heart of Stone" and then Susan Mallery "Already Home".

    As you can tell, Debi I'm really not into heavy reading unless it's non-fiction by someone I'm interested in their life story, and only if they wrote it themselves (not with a co-writer). But, I do like other author's like Patterson, Stuart Woods, and on & on. :)

    You didn't ask for all that, did you? Take care of get to feeling better.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now, I am reading the book "The Revelation Record" by Henry M. Morris. It is quite interesting and most thought provoking. I am learning so much, but I want some lighter reading on the side. Thanks for sharing your choices.

    ReplyDelete