Tuesday, February 18, 2014

When Dreams Blend Into Reality ~


Tuesday started very early for me today.
It was 2:00 A.M when the chirping started,
are you kidding me, I thought. I suppose it would have been wise
to change the batteries in the smoke alarm Jan. 1 as "they" suggest.


I tried to sleep through it...it wasn't happening.  Bob was sleeping in the guest room
so my coughing didn't keep him awake.  I decided I would stagger out to the living room and 
sleep what's left of my morning on the couch.  Pillow and blanket in hand I almost get to the 
couch and the chirping!  Apparently the alarm nearest the living room is ready for new life as well. 
Back to bed I went...one pillow under my head one on top to silence the chirp. When unable
to sleep I do the usual, start praying for people I've got on my radar for prayer, before you know it....
~

I'm walking down the road and come upon and abandoned makeshift boat...
dry docked on a bed of boulders. I make my way up the rocks and find myself "on board". 
I look around and realize I'm looking down a beautiful valley to the waters far below.
I hear the birds faintly chirping....
Then I hear, "hey, off that boat, we aren't ready to use it yet!"
Ummm....it was Moses coming down a long driveway toward me.
~
Next thing I remember is a bright light (heaven bound?)....
The chirping is louder and I sense I'm not alone....
I began to come to my senses and lift the edge of the top pillow....
there is a naked fireman on a ladder in my room attempting to save the birdie (stop the chirping)
not a pair of suspenders in sight!!

You weren't expecting a photo of the fireman were you?


Awake now, I know the hubstir fresh out of the shower has come to my rescue.
I remember thanking him a couple of times, so very thankful for the dead bird removal of the alarm.
As I drift back asleep I recall thinking,
Moses, you won't be needing that boat, you'll be parting that there sea!
I know.....but it's how it happened.......
An early Tuesday morning is what echos from my heart today....

No comments:

Post a Comment