Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Another Hodgepodge Wednesday ~





1. What is something you'll never forget about the age you are right now  ?
     That I still have work to do.  Work at being a better me so I can be a better person toward others.

2. What's a household chore you've never done? How have you managed that???
    I have never changed my smoke alarm batteries...Hubby job :-) But I have changed the guts of a toilet!

3. Does nature shape our personalities more than nurture? Explain?
     I would say it must do a little of both but to a point. I think we are born with our personalities...I trust this could be a very controversial question and the answer is different for each individual even if brought up in the same environment.

4. Friday (February 28th) is 'Something on a Stick Day'...funny because Zoanna over at A Penchant for Pens recently sent me an idea for a question relating to this topic. What's your favorite food eaten on a stick?
 Love a good Corn dog with mustard....it's been a long time....

5. Which of your five senses do you treasure most, and why?
     My eye sight without another thought!  So much beauty in the world, and then....there's grand kids :-)



6. What's the best music, theater, or sporting venue you've been to? What made it great?
     Groms Chinese Theater in Hollywood, I saw The Jungle Book there as a kid. It was just a beautiful     .
     theater.

7. It's the last week of the month...in five words or less bid adieu to your February.
   Priceless time nurturing Friendships!

8.  Insert your own random thought here. 
 Here in San Diego all plant life is very confused due to our "summer winter" ...still have tomatoes growing, and many flowers on them? Happy to see some of my spring flowers popping up...the season of new is fast approaching!  ALERT!! Bathing suit weather is also fast approaching....drat.



Prayer request...
Yesterday afternoon our son Joseph was in a motorcycle accident in Florida.
He had surgery late in the day, and is now in Trauma ICU.  He had many abdominal injuries, fractured
arm and some yet to be determined issues. Due to swelling they had to leave him open and are hoping to
go back to surgery tomorrow.  Please keep him, his family and the medial staff in your prayers.
Trusting God ....is what echos in my heart today.

4 comments:

  1. First of all sorry to hear about your son. Will lift him in prayer for sure! Soo scary, and hard not being close enough to get to him quickly. And nope, haven't changed any smoke alarm batteries over here either. A definite "boy thing" lol. Don't remember the last time I even had a corn dog, but I can sure smell one right now! lol Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, Debi. I hope & pray Joseph will be healed.

    Yesterday, I turned on the tv and Pioneer Woman was making corn dogs like it was something new. LOL We've always made them with a nice thick batter, and oh so good.

    San Diego is where we lived when I was a little girl and on the monkey bars one day, I fell and broke my wrist. Probably the real reason I remember was my mom was cooking fried chicken! LOL

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so, so sorry about your son. Praying he comes through this good as new. How scary!

    Oh, I just can't do corn dogs and I think I'm one of the few. :o))

    Such cute Grans! Thinking of you as you go through the time of uncertainty with your son. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear this news and wish I would have visited here earlier. Cycle accidents are so painful. How is he and his family doing now? I am sure your mother's heart must be hurting and wishing you could be in FL with him.

    ReplyDelete