Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Five Love Languages ~

Well, if you can believe it the original book The 5 Love Languages
by Gary Chapman  was published in 1992
and I have just read it for the first time.
I have to say upon completing it I was wishing I had read it long ago.

The main point is that we all speak different love languages and rarely do couples
speak the same language.



The five languages are Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts,
Acts of service and Physical Touch.

As an example, if you are always doing little things for your spouse and their
love language is Words of Affirmation...well, then their love tank is likely low.
You may say, how can they not feel loved when I do all these things that
 should make it clear that I love them?   
 Fact is, to fill their particular love tank they need to hear 
affirming words from you more than you doing things for them.
It's not that the things you do aren't appreciated, 
it's just not what speaks LOVE to them.

If there is someone who hasn't read this book I highly recommend it... or 
if you have read it but never put it to the test!
If you aren't receiving what you need from your spouse, it is very likely
 he or she is not receiving what they need either.
This book with allow you to find your love language and your spouse theirs.
Once you know it...well, the book carries this warning;


Warning: Understanding the five love languages and learning to 
speak the primary love language of your spouse may radically
 affect his or her behavior. 
People behave differently when their emotional love tanks are full.

~

If we were to discover those languages and put them to use, I really don't see
how things could not help but change for the better.
Invest in your relationship, buy the book  :-)

Little bit of love stuff, it's what echos from my heart today....

2 comments:

  1. I read it back in about 1995 and loved it at the time. I would like to read it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like Stacy, I read it years and years ago and I'm sure it would be very good for me to reread it again. I guess we will always be learning as long as we are living and that's a good thing. Good post!

    ReplyDelete