Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Recipe For Love

A Recipe for Love
Another one of my finds. I'm glad I hang on to the stuff that touches my heart....it touches it today just as much as the day my son made it for me. I think he was in third grade :-)

Birthday card made by our Grand daughter Julia  for our Birthday's......

My son Brian (Boo) wrote me while in the fourth grade in my attempt to quit smoking. He called me Rare then, pronounced Roar ....long story....yet better then what it was changed to, ...Fat....longer story but not as it seems :-)
The front of my homemade Christmas card from my son's...I loved Joe Montana .

The inside of the card... I  love the Lakers :-) 



  I'm so glad I saved these special things.  With them, I can always go back to those moments by reading them again, it's as if they are new to me each time.

I stumbled upon this quote this morning. It's true, many are searching for happiness everywhere they go, only to find it's all around them where they are....it's called Family....

A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it.
-- George Moore
 Dust off an old file of saved memories, it will fill your heart with all the happiness of yesterday...all those moments in time that caused you to know, this is what it's all about.

Yep, who say's you can't go home again, it's called a memory.
This is what echos from my heart today ~

6 comments:

  1. Love those simple "full of love" memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, sweet.

    I've been doing a lot of dusting lately myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sentimental spirit blesses my heart today. It seems to me that your family and friends are so valuable to you, and that characteristic in a mother is so special. I treasure my cards and notes too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post! I found your blog through Connie's blog. I will follow and visit you often. When you are blog hopping pay me a visit!
    hppt://sharonscorner-sharon@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved seeing those old keepsakes! How nice that you can go back to them anytime you want and re-live those memories.

    Joe Montana and the Lakers, huh? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I get so caught up when I go through that kind of stuff! I'm very sentimental! Those are sweet reminders of your children and grands!

    ReplyDelete