Thursday, October 17, 2013

Thursday's Faith Word, Spring !

The word is spring!

Jesus, my source of Living Water...

I go to the spring of life, Him, His Word and I drink it up.

He is the thirst that never goes away, yet is quenched every time.. 

My constant thirst to know Him better..draw up the water to the dryness of life without it...He is my spring of living water.

 David prayed, "O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water"(Ps 63:1).

 Such are the seasons of life,those times we find ourselves in a dry and weary place, tho while in that place it may seem to last forever, it won't. 

That season is our winter within, appearing in the form of financial trouble, health, relationship, loss, loneliness. We can have faith that out of it we will find spring, newness, a fresh start, an abundance of new beginnings, new joys, faith renewed! 

The past(winter)is dead and gone..and is meant to be left behind. 

We long for that which satisfies, for me, that satisfaction is found in the living water of Christ.

"As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?"(Ps 42:1-2).

 The water of life, is always available through Jesus. 

"Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life" (Rev 22:17).

 

Spring,from which fresh water comes,new beginnings.. a fresh start,the promise that the deadness of winter will always be followed by spring.

Spring, is my hope reaffirmed.

Spring,An abundance of, after the sparsity of winter.
It's what echos from my heart today....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment