Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Nevertheless ~



Nevertheless

the word has changed me.

Remember the conference with all the women of my church?
I believe it changed many hearts,  changed the way in which
we think when problems or situations in life arise that aren't
exactly comfortable.

The topic was A Faith that Soars,
the word nevertheless, it's the means that lifts us above
the turbulence, enables us to soar on wings of eagles!

I will try and explain it as our speaker Martha Lawley did.

Nevertheless is a word bridge, you fill in the blanks :-)

__________________________ Nevertheless _________________________

           The blank on the left is, Facts of a situation, desire or request, that is void of power.           
Nevertheless =  In spite of the fact.
The blank on the right is, a truth of God/promise of God, the Greater truth.

Matthew 26:13
Jesus says;
" O My Father, if it is possible, let the cup pass from me,
 (nevertheless), not as I will but as You will."

Another example, if I were to begin to worry about finances 
 I can nevertheless my way to rise above the worry!

Matthew 6:25-27
25 Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life
Therefore ....Nevertheless, we have his promise that we have no reason to worry,
He will meet our every need.
When we live a nevertheless  faith, living an obedient life, 
and we are acknowledging Him in our worship...
we have His promises, to claim as our own.

So regardless of what comes up in my life, I'm going to nevertheless it!!
 A new word is what echo's from my heart today.......

1 comment:

  1. Well, Debi, this is exactly what I needed right now. I have a lot whirling in my mind right now and feel very, very overwhelmed. My Dad is NOT doing well and I wonder how much longer I can hold out sometimes. But, HE is faithful and always, always sees me through to the other side and I'm going to "nevertheless" this. Plus, we have family coming this afternoon for a visit and I'm going to work through this funk I'm in before they get here and enjoy them. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete