I love waking up to my alarm on my phone. It plays You are My Sunshine, a song from my childhood. I can still hear my Mom singing it each time and it makes me smile as I lay there and think of her.... I often hit snooze several times just to hear "her" sing it again..
2. Given a choice, which animal interaction would you most like to experience (or for those non-adventurers...which would you dislike the least?)- Swim with the dolphins at one of several locations in the Florida Keys, a lion encounter ten minutes from Victoria Falls (Africa), or a day at a remote base camp high in the Big Sur wilderness via the Ventana Wildlife Society helping track California condors?
I would love to swim with the dolphins. When I was in my twenties I used to wish I could work for Sea World and do just that for a living :-)
3. What is something you fear about 'old age'? What is something you look forward to?
I try not to fear anything...not always successful :-)
The possibility of out living any of my siblings, I can't imagine a life without them, my first friends...
worse yet outliving a child or grand child.....
I hope my kids or husband won't have to care for me in the situation of a lingering illness.
My hope is they understand when it's my time, that I'm not afraid to die.
I look forward to seeing Jesus and my family in heaven for eternity!! Of this I'm sure :-)
4. Hot sauce...are you a fan? If you answered yes, what's something you make/eat that must have hot sauce? On a scale of 1-10 how hot is too hot?
I love hot sauce, a must have on burritos and tacos. I want the heat about a nine !
5. It's been said that children learn what they live. What do you think children learn at your house?
I hope they learn about love, and forgiveness. But most of all not to sweat the small stuff in life....That they believe in themselves and a God who makes no mistakes, and loves them just the way they are!
6. What's your favorite movie with a number in it's title?
My first in depth look at depression/mental illness in movie form.
7. Saturday (August 16th) is National Tell a Joke Day...share one here.
Not so much in joke form, but I laughed :-)
Comment to Noah.
Wish you had swatted those two mosquitoes!!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
So much sadness in the world today...the war with Israel, Families driven from their homes because of their faith, even killed because of it. The loss of our funny man, Robin Williams.... sometimes it just gets so heavy when mixed with whatever issues each of us has already.
Remind people they aren't alone, be available to each other.
This song is another from my childhood, listen and remember it.....
Echos from my heart today...