Wednesday, September 3, 2014
Wednesday Hodgepodge ~
1. What's something you wanted to do this summer that you never got around to actually doing?
Where to begin... I planned on cleaning out my office and rearranging it...didn't happen.
Planned on finishing up a writing project of almost 8 years....didn't happen.
I meant to Just Do It! (sad face)
2. Share a favorite memory of your own back -to-school days as a child.
My elementary school was right across the street. My sister and I would go up a couple weeks prior to school starting to meet our new teachers and help them in there rooms. Fun memories!!
3. What's one chore or daily task you prefer doing 'old-school' ?
It would be hanging clothes on a line if I had a clothes line...but only for sheets and towels :-)
4. Share something you've learned in life through the 'school of hard knocks'.
That is such a long list, lordy be! I suppose the main thing is that we all have something to work on, all of us!
5. As a child, did you mostly bring or buy your lunch for school? What was your favorite thing to find in your lunchbox? Mostly bought which we loved. We were friends with the cafeteria lady...she was a neighbor. Made for extras on our plates!
6. Football season is upon us which has me wondering... how big of a sports fan are you (not just football) ? On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being 'I scream at the players through my television screen' and 1 being 'is knitting a sport?' where do you fall in fandom? I do love NASCAR a 10 and do speak to the drivers (Kyle Bush, I mainly yell at him)...I also love football, Niners and Chiefs, Baseball Dodgers and of course our Los Angeles Lakers! I grew up watching all sports with my Mom and my Dad when he wasn't working. I don't have to see every game like I used to but do enjoy them very much when I watch!
7. Share a favorite quote you think might inspire students of all ages at the start of a new school year.
I don't know a specific quote..But know this, No one is more important than another regardless of looks, clothes, number of friends,address or who gets picked first....students can be so mean and uncaring. Be the one that isn't! Be confident in who you are!
8. Random thought;
I'm the lead on our Women's retreat team and planning has been going on forever for our October retreat. I swear this is like planning a wedding without the nervous bride....or is that me????
Truth told my friend Lori (the Snicker of Snicker Doodle) is my co lead and she is an enormous help to me, she makes me look good always :-) The remaining team members are equally important, super organized and so fun to work with. I have zero doubts in what they have signed on to do, they are that good! Each is so very important to the success of this event. I will spend a lot more time praying this next month...specifically for the women attending and our speaker. I want so much for each to feel welcome, loved and for them to come away different women as they return to the routine of life after the weekend.
Stronger in their faith and more secure in just how much they are in fact, His Beloved.
It's what echos from my heart today.