Thursday, January 19, 2012

How to Grow Faith ~




I have recently read in a few books the importance of growing our faith daily.
A practice of trusting Him during the good times, while the waters are smooth.
In doing so we become so familiar with trusting Him that when the waters get rough
it is then we are able to ride the waves with the faith that,
God is in control.

The Lord knows about every situation we may be in,
from every angle,
and
every thing we have experienced past present and future.

Romans 11:33-36

33 Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!
34 “For who has known the mind of the Lord,
or who has been his counselor?”
35 “Or who has given a gift to him
that he might be repaid?”
36 For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

Even when it makes no sense to us,
we can have peace in the midst of "it"
that
God has everything in His control.

John 14:27

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.


Yes, we grow in our faith by pursuing the Lord.
Reading His Word in order to really get to know Him,
spending more time in prayer.
It is in doing so that our trust in Him will grow.

Faith can be difficult ,
sometimes non existent,
if you wait for that bad situation to practice it.
Don't wait for the fire to practice the drill !

This is what echos from my heart today  ....

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Debi, your posts are always so wonderful and make my days much brighter. I know that without my faith in Him, I'd be so lost.

    I hope you have a wonderful day!

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete