Friday, January 13, 2012

How Do You Pray?


 So, I'm talking a class one evening a week at my church entitled,
Communion with God: An Introduction to Prayer.
We have only met once and it was pretty much an introduction of what the outline of this class would cover.

On thing really stood out to me in the outline.
It was this;
We don't often talk about how we talk to others.
We talk to them.
We talk about them.



People in general often have doubtful thoughts about prayer.
Am I doing it right?
Am I using the correct words?
What can I tell Him?
Will he hear me?
Is it wrong to ask God to help me lose 5 more pounds :-) ?

I don't have a lot of prayer knowledge,
its why I'm taking the class.
However I do pray, always have, and I was one who really didn't spend much time wondering if I was doing it "right".

When I pray, I talk to God in the same manner I would talk to you. 
I don't use fancy words, it's never scripted.
For example I do not say tho, thy, shall I, or shall we
and 
I don't add ' eths ' at the end of my words.
Cometh, giveth, doeth, goeth !

I talk to God as my forever friend, my forever companion. 
He accepts me as I am, with the form of language I speak....
He's knows I don't use "Bible speak".
So, there is no need to change how I speak when I speak with Him.

Yes, He hears every word
He knows what I ask before I ask it!
So why ask?

If He's my friend, my companion, my Heavenly Father
then
why wouldn't I talk to him?
 My husband knows I love him,
he still wants to hear it.....
It tells him our relationship matters to me.

~
Looking forward to digging deeper into what is and isn't important 
when it comes to praying..what I can do to improve it.

By the way, yes, I can ask Him to help me lose those 5 more pounds !
This is what echos from my heart today...................

4 comments:

  1. Good thoughts! Blessings to you as you share weekly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What would we do without prayer? I cannot imagine not talking to Him. Enjoy your class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In our bible study right now we are using the book Praying the Names of Jesus. What a blessing it has been to meet and share and pray! Enjoy your class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you in that I talk to God like He is my best friend. I share all on my heart and everything. I've learned that prayer is a way to help my relationship grow closer to Him. I hope you enjoy your class, although it seems like you have a good grasp on the concept of prayer, even when you want to loose 5 pounds:)

    ReplyDelete