Tuesday, April 5, 2011

New for Spring ?

There is so much I love about the newness that comes with spring time.  The skies a deeper blue, the early morning light becomes brighter
and makes almost makes me want to jump out of that bed and start the day. I love my sleep, so I'll just say it makes me smile on the inside when I first open my eyes and sense the brightness.


Every year at this time I do clean out cupboards, closets etc....the term spring cleaning (which happens through out the year) ignites something in me.   Something about the brightness of the days that makes me want every thing in a new order.....you know, making sure all the blouses are in color and sleeve length order, all can's and bottles have labels facing forward, shoe boxes stacked according to heal size,and the never ending ....getting rid of yet more stuff!

My yard is like a blank canvas to these eyes. With exception to the  plants that are coming back from last year, I know there are older plants that have lived their lives, leaving behind pots of soil that are shouting "Vacancy" !  I can't wait to make my first trip of the season to "Green Thumb" and walk up and down the isles looking at all  the new flowers for this years enjoyment. I totally enjoy my time at the nursery , so much so I find myself frequently wishing a had a larger yard to house it all...Yet thankful for the small yard when it comes to upkeep :-)

This spring has got me itching to go back to work (did I just say that?).  There is so much about retirement I love (sleep) yet I am wanting to find more purpose than that of my home and yard. Money too is an issue, to live how we want to live requires money and we don't want to live off our retirement money just yet. Funny, it's like we pay for car insurance every month but when we have reason to file a claim it's....let's just pay out of pocket so our insurance rate doesn't go up? Hard to determine the time for the retirement funds, timing it just right so we have the assurance it will last till the end.

I'm hoping to find something I love to do and then it won't be work at all!  But what is that? And will employers want me at 54 a mature age? I'm much younger on the inside!

Wanting a new beginning, but one with purpose. I want to feel I am doing something that is appreciated by whomever. Cliche' maybe, but I want to make a difference in the lives of other people, not just appreciated by a boss (though that's important). A difference, rather it be in word or deed for someone that needs it! I'm not trained in a paid for education sense, so I  don't have a degree to love others and to help them, but I have a heart for them. I don't have a degree that say's I can speak kind words or even share some of the wisdom I have gathered in my travels to this time in my life. Maybe I can share something that someone else is needing to hear. So just what are my qualifications and experience? Life.


Looking for a new start at a new stage in my life...often frustrated as to what it might be....at which time I am reminded to trust that God has a bigger plan for my life than I can even imagine.

Something...new defined ~

   Not previously experienced or encountered; novel or unfamiliar
 Different from the former or the old
 Changed for the better; rejuvenated

New is indeed in the air, new order, new beginnings, new....fresh! This is what echos from my heart today.....

5 comments:

  1. That restless can be pretty frustrating if you let it be. Is there something you always wanted to do or be that you haven't?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find something fulfilling to you while helping others. You know, I retired a long time ago after working "office" for all those years, and when I decided I wanted to go back to work for a while, I worked as a cashier at a grocery store~I know that doesn't sound exciting, but it filled a need in me to "see" people, how they live, while at the same time I was able to minister in my own way to them. I loved it!

    So glad you're feeling able to even be thinking about a job. I hope this means your back is healing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the "new" you talked about. In my long life I have seen so many instances where God closed one door and always opened another one, for me and for others. It amazes me how that happens, which makes me excited to see what He has in store for wonderful you. I like the thought processes you shared in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I worked with juvenile delinquents for years. I have no degree, except, of course an H.S. (high school) ......I started as the secretary and before too long I was working with the kids and was promoted to a Human Services Counselor.....big name for talking to kids and seeing them through their work hours and court appearances.

    Fortunately, I don't have a desire to go to work.....I'd like to do something to impact someone for the Lord though. :)

    So glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Judy. The way you shared the "new" thoughts was really nice, and God does work in mysterious ways. Have faith, He will help you find a way to serve Him and others soon, I'm sure. :-)

    ReplyDelete