Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Space to Fill

Since my Father went to be with the Lord I have an ever present feeling that there is such a large empty space in me. I have the promise I will see him again yet the space remains. My Father is the one I could turn to on most any issue in my life. I still speak to him in my thoughts and from time to time, I realize I'm speaking out loud. I occasionally pick up the phone to call him and realize that I can't.

I am learning to turn to God first, my heavenly Father. I have never actually touched Him but I can tell you I have felt His touch. It is He that will get me through this life and I am aware, only He is able to fill this empty space. It's a process that becomes more and more natural, to turn to God and not my Dad. When a painful or difficult event arises I still feel that it would be more bearable if my Father were here with me. The fact is my Father, God, is always with me and He will carry me through every difficulty that arises. He will take the emptiness and fill it with a Father's love, His.

I don't think I will ever stop missing my Dad, he really was the biggest part of me. But I know my God is bigger than anything I will come across in this world. I am learning that turning to Him is where I will find the love and comfort of my Father. Heavenly and otherwise.

This is what echos from my heart today.....

1 comment: