Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Families Lost and Found


I recently started watching a program entitled "Find my Family". I am so touched by both the male and female leads of this program. Both of them are adopted themselves and both are a part of a program that reunites families that were separated through adoption. Every episode the emotion visible in them is so touching...they cry when the person searching tells of their desire to search for their parent or sibling. They cry when they tell the other, "your son (or daughter) have been searching for you." They cry again as they witness the emotion of that first hug shared by two family members for sometimes the very first time.

I can't help but be reminded how very fortunate I am to both know and have my family and extended family to love, even if experiencing a hurdle from time to time. As I watch this program I sit and think how much I would love to have "that job", reuniting people with their families. I can think of no greater gift than that of family.

In life, we can be out of sorts with a family member and have the option of having them in our lives or not. Once you have experienced that love, that first hug if you will....don't take for granted there will be an opportunity to reunite. Tomorrow is never promised.

This is what echos from my heart today......

1 comment:

  1. Did I tell you the story about helping a friend find her biological mother? I'll have to tell you sometime... bring tissue.

    ps - i like your heart echoes...

    ReplyDelete