Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge ~ Mom



1. Share something you appreciate (or something you appreciated as you were growing up) about your mother.

Her love for every child she ever met. I'm sure it's what drove her desire to be a foster parent to new
born babies....over 40 of them :-)  That love for babies rubbed off on her children as well!

2.  A quote most commonly ascribed to Plato reads "Necessity is the mother of invention." When did this last play out in your own experience?
I can't think of much other than giving Khloe the empty paper towel tube to use as a telescope :-)
My hubby is great at this, always comes up with a solution/invention.


3. Share one of the earliest memories you have from childhood.
In my Grandmother's home in Montana, specifically learning where the Ritz crackers were kept....
:-)

4. When did you last 'hit the mother lode'? What was it?
It was when I started attending our church...I hit the mother load finding a place with
so many awesome women, who are good with being transparent, realize they are far from perfect,
yet have a desire to be better.  I have no doubt at the slightest hicup in life...a long list of them 
would be available to me in any way needed, that has been proven to me on several occasions.
Lucky girl am I !

5. What is/was your favorite dish mom made? Do you make that dish for your family/friends now that you're all grown up?
Nothing fancy really, she was a comfort food cook :-)  I personally loved her hammocks and Navy beans. She made excellent soups, split pea with ham, potato.  She made a great roast beef...oh I miss her!!
 I have made ham and beans for my family...not a bunch times. 
Pretty much because never taste as good as when Mom made it.
I loved every gravy she ever made, she could make gravy!

6. Mother May I? was at one time a popular children's game. It required no equipment or parts to play. What was your favorite childhood game where you could just turn up and play-no gear needed?
Hide and seek!

7. Which TV mom (past or present) is your favorite, and why?
I loved Mrs. Cleaver....just loved how she could be firm and loving at the same time.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
 I've been on a weight loss journey, down 16 pounds!!
Happy, Happy, Happy.
Had a light bulb moment....all that unhealthy eating was not good in any way for my body.
I knew I would feel better, and I for sure want to be as healthy as I can be.

3 comments:

  1. Love the picture of your mom with the baby. Don't know who is cuter! Loved hide and seek too. Congrats on the weight loss! I have started a new eating healthier diet too. Don't know how I get so off track! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know your mom had been a foster mother; that is so wonderful, Debi!

    Actually, I don't remember any childhood games; I'm sure we played though.

    I read an article the other day about memories; it stated that when we look back on a memory that it's not remembering, it's remembering the last time we thought of it. hmmmm Not sure about that. :)

    Love to you, my sweet Debi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This picture of your Mother and Khloe is priceless! You sure had a great example in the mothering department. Her warm, loving smile says it all. I so enjoyed reading all of your answers. She must be so proud of the woman that you have become! Khloe has some special loving examples in the roles of life that may be ahead for her.

    Happy Mother's Day to you! You always inspire me.

    ReplyDelete