Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge ~



1. April showers bring May flowers, or so the saying goes. When did you last 'shower' attention on someone or have attention 'showered' on you? Did you love it, or did all that attention make you squirm?
I love to shower attention on my grand kids... you can see how much it means to them
in there little faces. I personally don't care to be the object of attention, but do appreciate the
thought behind it :-)

2. Share a favorite 'spring break' memory. Not talking about just the 'college spring break' thing, but any favorite spring break memory you'd like to share. Keep it family friendly please!
That would be the first spring after my hubby retired we spent most days at the beach with
morning coffee in hand and lunch packed for the day.
Those were the best days.....


3. It's National Pecan Month...are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite dish that calls for pecans?
Not a big fan of pecans....but put them on a cinnamon roll with lots of icing, I'm a fan.

4.  'Put all your eggs in one basket', 'egg on your face', 'rotten egg', 'walk on eggshells', or 'a good egg'...which egg-spression could most recently be applied to your own life?
None actually apply to my life today but I am doing Atkins and have eaten more than my share of eggs!!


5.  In my experience,
Love is a verb.


 6. What's a  favorite song with the word rain in its title or lyrics?
It Feels like Rain, by Aaron Neville

7. What does the word hope mean to you?
Jesus Christ, the great Hope !

8.  Insert your own random thought here. 
I received a phone call from someone very special to me.
She called to tell me she loved me, was thankful for our relationship, she admires my faith,
and she is a stalker of my blog :-) She said much more to me that filled my heart, so much so
it reminded me of the importance of telling others how you feel about them,  now.
Why wait for the eulogy?  
Tell them now! 

4 comments:

  1. Tell them now. Yes, so very important! Too many times, we wish we had.
    So, today I'm tellin' you - I love you, Debi.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love #5! And, what truth, we need to tell others that we love them, admire them or whatever compliment we're thinking in regards to them. Good reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved what your friend did by telling you how they felt!! Much better than a gift I think, and something we all need to do more of!! Hope your day was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would call you and tell you the same thing that your friend did! I am so blessed by your blog and the person that you are! I thank God for you so often, and I wish I could send you some warm cinnamon rolls with pecans right now, to confirm my thoughts:)

    ReplyDelete