Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy New Year, We Begin Again !

Christmas was awesome this year.
It began with a Christmas brunch at my home with my sisters and their families.

Ms. Khloe



My Niece Amanda and my Daughter in law Katie


Katie, my sister Dona and her daughter my niece Summer.


Sister Deanna, Great Niece Ruby Lu, my oldest son Mike.


~
Then Christmas Eve with my immediate  family ...





















As she realized it was a Mickey Mouse chair :-)







Khloe with her Daddy Mike...

Son Brian and his girlfriend Brittney...




Eats!


Love the sight of their stockings....

~

Christmas Day at Mike and Kaite's house....



Uncle Brian and Khloe







Katie opens gift Khloe and I made her :-) Mistletoes !





Khloe with Gramma Cindie, testing the new chair :-)



Lots!




~


Christmas with our oldest Grand daughters,
Julia and Aubrie was a three day trip to downtown San Diego.


Our Hotel ~







Proud Grandpa





Amused by the, pull the chain flush toilet :-)










Our hot chocolate spot!















Went to see a play, Festival of Christmas.









Yep, we did a little shopping...


















Jenga in the hotel room.



Julia, Gramma and Aubrie...

Out for our "fancy" dinner :-)



I may have let her jump on the hotel bed....



Grandpa and Aubrie :-)

Family traditions...


Brownies....more tradition.



A photo favorite, Bob shot a photo of the girls and I having lunch.
So blessed I am......

So we now begin again, a New Year.

My goal is to live more fully.
Do all I do more fully.
Each day a precious one,
enough so,
we should live each as if it were our last.

My thoughts of those fighting for their lives.
My thoughts for those fighting for our lives.

Though I don't know what this New Year will bring,
our God in Heaven does.

From my favorite daily read, Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young (highly recommended)

COME TO ME with a teachable spirit, eager to be changed.  A close walk with Me is a life of continual newness.  Do not cling to old ways as you step into a new year.  Instead, seek My Face with an open mind, knowing that your journey with Me involves being transformed by the renewing of your mind.  As you focus your thoughts on Me, be aware that I am fully attentive to you.  I see you with a steady eye, because My attention span is infinite.  I know and understand you completely;
My thoughts embrace you in everlasting Love.  I also know the plans I have for you: plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give your hope and a future.  Give yourself full to this adventure of increasing attentiveness to My Presence.

My friends,
just know you are never alone.

Peace and happiness to each of you in this new year!
It's what echos from my heart today.......

6 comments:

  1. Hi Debi!
    Happy New Year.
    I just saw that you guys are living in San Marco's. Really?!
    My bestest Friend Kathie lives in San Marcos. We are there at least 1x a month to visit.

    Always love dropping by your blog to see what's new!

    Hugs, Viola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Christmas and powerful devotional thought. Thanks for sharing them both! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Debi, I'm so glad to know you had such wonderful times with family during Christmas. You surely do have a beautiful loved ones, and you are such an inspiration. I hope this new year will be all you need and want.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Debi,
    This visit warmed my heart on this Monday morning. I slowly looked at every gorgeous picture and read all the words shared from your heart. I know you are in love with your family and it shines out from every post. I consider it a privilege to step inside your world via blogland. Thank you for sharing. yOu are a beautiful lady and I know that you are a special grandma. The pictures were so good!

    As for "Jesus Calling", it is one of my favorite books ever! I can't wait to read it every day and it always blesses my heart in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Horton Grand Hotel!!!! Your so beautiful and all that you are God Bless You My Friend...Emy Lou

    ReplyDelete